Angie and I ran to town today to do some shopping for the Ladies' Retreat coming up. We quickly went as soon as her 2 littlest were napping, and the 2 older ones were left to listen for them. We had a super fun time in town and found lots of fun stuff that we didn't need for the retreat at all. Town was pretty deserted and quiet, which was a little unusual, even for a Monday. Anyway, as we were cruising home, AC blasting (windows up), I noticed a pedestrian ahead in the middle of the road. I wasn't wearing my glasses (so illegal), so I kinda figured he was just crossing the road, and I slowed down to give him time. This was when I noticed Ang get really tense, lock her door, and start "yelling" (not really) for me to do the same, and to "hit him, hit him if you have to, but don't stop!" Then I clued in that we were about to be held up by this "pedestrian". He was already in the center of the road waving his arms for us to stop, and I had already downshifted. My great ability to remain calm, resilient and capable during danger kicked in and I sped up right towards him... and he didn't move. I was already in the wrong lane, and I was getting close to the ditch on that side, so I didn't have a lot of room on that side to swerve and miss him. When he heard the truck speed up and not continue to slow down, he got kind of angry and picked up a rock from the road and as he pitched it at us, I told Ang to duck, tried to tear out of the way, and waited for the glass to shatter! Thankfully, the sound I heard was the rock smashing in the side of the truck, and not the glass breaking all over Angie! We tore around the corner (still in the wrong lane...), and dodged the oncoming traffic, got into our lane and headed up the hill towards home, thanking the Lord through our chuckling that the guy was too drunk to have a good shot. Just another day in paradise.
Monday, October 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
my goodness Katie! That's insane! Thank God you guys came out ok in the situation...
I'm not really sure as to why you can't read my blog... everyone else can :(
ok, so your story is SCARY!!!! i'm so glad you guys are ok!
on another note~ stinking everlong from foo fighters is HANDS DOWN one of my top 10 favorite songs EVER!!!! how rad that you have it on your blog! that song makes me want to crank it up so it's all i hear and drive down the road with my windows down! ha! love you!
Post a Comment