I was minding my own business at work today, when the sound of an earthquake imploded on us and the building shook under the impact of whatever just hit us... you could feel it in your chest, and the windows shook. It was as if a huge semi truck had driven into the wall. As Josh, Jon and I scurried around looking out the window for signs of Mt Rainier having blown up, the "bomb" went off again, shaking Josh as he was just opening the door. I think we were all seriously under the impression that we were under attack. I wanted to crawl under the counter! Something was going down for sure and we were all a bit rattled. But there was no cloud of ash coming from the mountain and we didn't hear any sirens or see anything unusual around us... we started hearing that people from downtown Puyallup, downtown Tacoma, Olympia and Seattle ALL felt the same force of impact as if "it" was right on top of them. We were seriously about to lock the doors and get the heck out of Tacoma, that was for sure. Then the news finally started broadcasting online, and we learned that we had just experience a breach in the sound barrier; a sonic blast. Or boom. ? Whatever, it was quite the experience!! Apparently some Canadians had their float plane in restricted airspace and some F-15s were called up from Portland to come protect our friendly skies! They powered up here at about 800 miles an hour, hence the explosions and impact that had us all feeling like Jesus was about to ride in on the next cloud!! At least we know Portland has our back! lol... Next time it better be the trumpet call :)
Tuesday, August 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
hahaha! your word pictures are so great girl! love you!
I'm kinda bummed I missed it... everyone is talking about it and I was in Hawaii. Oh well haha!
Post a Comment