Yep, it's been like 5 months again. I think my relationship with this blog has whiplash. My last post was written from my happy home in Wewak, and now I'm sitting here in my apt in Gig Harbor. Oh, my life has SO been turned upside down since then! I am still in the long night of transition, but I think I might see a glimmer of light down there at the end of my dark sky. It had really been so long since feeling like I belong somewhere, and laughing with someone I have a true connection with. The Lord blessed my little socks off last weekend with a surprise trip to Wenatchee. I was desperate to get outta town, so I was reserving myself a camp site when my friend and coworker (and recently in the States for furlough), Gail wrote about getting together. This was already Friday, so I didn't expect our weekend bung to kick off in less than 24 hours, but it did! :) I had to train at Clancy's from 1-3 and then I hit the road for Wenatchee to find Gail's parents house. We had a great night together, talking nonstop through Pier 1 and over burgers at Red Robin and while trying on shoes at Famous. We played cards with her wonderful parents out on the deck and laughed and analyzed the moon over the river. Sunday after church, we went out to Lake Wenatchee and soaked up some good visiting and reading time over a picnic lunch... just lovely. Stayed a second night, and Gail and I drove back across the mountains together, where I dropped her off with her sister in Seattle. The weekend was just so what I needed... and it was so good to be an understanding ear for my friend, too! There is nothing quite like seeing coworkers from the mission field here in our home country! Anyway, I'd post a picture if I'd taken one...! My camera is on a furlough of it's own...
Wednesday, July 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment